Duplicate Bank Account

Hi, I’m a newbie on here, unfortunately, I created a bank account not linked to my bank account and then for some reason I created another linking to my bank account.

For now i’ve put the last couple of transactions on my original account. But it won’t let me delete the account linked to my bank account.

Please advise if this will have any negative affect on my account and how I get around it.

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling:

Hi @SheerEdge01

Welcome to QuickFile! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean by “created another linking to my bank account”?

If you have multiple bank accounts, they won’t affect your accounts in terms of Profit & Loss - these go by invoice value. What it would affect however is your balance sheet, for example if they show more money in the business than what is actually there.

To delete an account, you can delete any transactions in it, and then it should allow you to delete it. However, if you have tagged transactions, to invoices for example, then the invoices will become unpaid.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your response, I meant that I’d created a duplicate bank account and tagged some invoices in one and some invoices in the other. i’ve now managed to delete the duplicate account, thanks for your help. However, now my balance is incorrect in the existing account. I’m unsure if this is the reason why? All of the invoices are tagged correctly.

I’d recommend having a look at the bank reconciliation tool to try and find out where the error is. Take a look at this topic for more information:

The other thing to do, is check that your payments are from the correct bank account too. Go to Sales > View Payments

And then this will list all payments you’ve received, and it’ll tell you where from - just in case you have a duplicate bank account that’s hidden :wink:

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.