Email from Quickfile going to Junk

Hi There.

It appears that most of our invoices and correspondance to our clients via quickfile mail is going to their junk.

Can you resolve this as soon as possible please?

Thanks

Hi @bigfootnetworks

We route all our emails through Amazon Web Services by default, but we include a “reply-to” address as the one configured on your account, so all replies come back to you. Amazon are pretty pro-active in resolving this as it affects thousands of accounts - not just QuickFile.

Some email providers don’t like the “reply-to” part of this, which causes it to go to spam.

There are 2 main ways you can approach this:

1. Change the reply-to address to match the sending address
  2. Use your own SMTP server

We can help you with either option - just let us know and we’ll try our best.

Hi Mathew
So if we were to use our own smtp server we can use our own email address to send the mail out from?
We have an mail relay we can use.
Can you give me instructions for how to configure our quickfile to do this?
Thanks
Gordon

Spot on - that’s exactly right.

If you go to Account Settings >> 3rd Party Integration >> SMTP Settings, you can enter all the details there.

The from address is picked up from Account Settings >> Routine Emails. Apart from that, enter your SMTP details, we’ll send you an activation email to confirm everything is working all OK. Just enter this code, and job done :slight_smile:

There’s more details with a few screenshots, here: Sending mail from your own SMTP Server

ok. and this doesnt have any affect on seeing when people have logged in, viewed estimates, invoices and statements?
We would just using out mail server?
Thanks

Also. Can you confirm your IP ranges please so that I can whitelist those in our relay?

That’s right. We would just connect to your SMTP server instead of AWS.

We don’t have a fixed IP range due to the nature of the set up I’m afraid.

At least they are going to the spam folder which means that the recipient can whitelist them. In the past week I have had an online ticket booking and the reciept for my gas bill bounced by my email provider. I tweeted about this and a music promoter client of mine replied that a lot of his customer’s tickets are going AWOL as well. Spam filtering is getting brutal, and it isn’t just affecting QF.

Coming back to Quickfile even using SMTP isn’t perfect, I have just had a client’s accounts clerk fish 3 unpaid invoices out of her spam folder.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.