Email Log -> IMAP Sent Items or Auto BCC

I use Office365 for my email system and emails sent via their server over SMTP do not show in the Sent Items.
This is pretty standard for SMTP servers, as you know (although I know GMAIL does it wrong, even though it’s better in this case).

I’m sure I’m not the only person who uses Office365 who would like a copy of all sent emails included in my email system;

So, I see two options for this:

1. Have the option to automatically BCC all emails to a chosen address

or

1. Perform an IMAP sync to the sent items folder from the email log.

Any chance of implementing either/or? (guessing number 1 will be the quickest/easiest)

1 Like

Hi @gcotton

Thank you for your suggestion.

All sent emails are currently logged within QuickFile itself (Account Settings >> All settings >> Sent email log). These detail the email itself, when it was sent, whether it’s pending or been sent, and what SMTP server it used.

It’s available to Power User Subscription accounts, and shows emails from the past 6 months.

Of course, with any estimates or invoices, you can select to ‘cc me’ too.

Hopefully that helps?

Yep, but I keep forgetting to click the CC me box.
Would be good to just have the option for default BCC (especially as I dont really want them to see I’m cc’ing myself in).

Just want to make life easier!

The good news is, also with a Power User Subscription, you can tick the box by default using the code here:

With the CC option, it’s not strictly cc’ing the email to you. It sends a complete new email with the same content to you, so they won’t see it :wink:

They do however show a ‘stamp’ on the bottom of the copy sent to you: