Emails not being received

We are experiencing problems with invoices and estimates sent via quickfile. A large number of estimates and invoices sent do not reach the recipients. I have to cc the estimate or invoice to my gmail and re-send via my gmail account. It appears that invoices and estimates sent via quick file servers end up in the spam folder!!! This is not an acceptable error, and needs a fix!!!

Hi @helen1

I’ve just taken a look at your account and notice you’re using your own email address but with QuickFile’s email servers, which is where the problem lies. As your domain isn’t authorising QuickFile to send emails on your behalf, some mail servers will reject the emails as they’ll be seen as spam.

There are three fixes you can try which will help:

1. You can use the default noreply@quickfile.co.uk address
  2. You can use your own SMTP server
  3. You can set up a SPF record on your domain.

Option 3 is the more complex one if you’re not very technical, whereas option 1 is the easiest.

Whichever option you wish to use, we’re happy to help.

You may also wish to take a look at this guide

Hope that helps

If you go to Account Settings >> Routine Emails, you will see the warning here regarding your email setup.

Just click the link “fix this for me” and it will configure emails to send from noreply@quickfile.co.uk. This is the simplest fix. If you still want to send emails from your own address you’d need to setup your SMTP service in QuickFile or add an SPF record. Both these options are explained in more detail here.