Entering credit card payments retrospectively?

I want to set up the Credit Card transaction processing facility in QuickFile, however, I’m in the middle of my financial year and want to know if I can add transactions retrospectively and then clear them using tagging? For example: when I set up the Barclaycard (credit card) account can I begin with Sept 2022 by entering the balance at the time, then enter all transactions up to March 2023. Then clear the preceding months (from Sept 2022 - Feb 2023) by bulk tagging (I believe) and then continue tagging as per normal from then on. In fact can I go back to my previous tax year 2021/2022 and apply the same process, but bulk tag the whole year?

Hello @nimblegipsy

I begin with Sept 2022 by entering the balance at the time, then enter all transactions up to March 2023

It is fine to do this, you can enter the transactions manually or by importing a bank statement for the date range and enter an opening balance as of Sep 22.

In fact can I go back to my previous tax year 2021/2022 and apply the same process, but bulk tag the whole year?

You could also do this, just make sure that all the transactions are tagged or you would be left with a balance on your suspense account.

Brilliant. Thanks Steve. :slight_smile:

Hi,
In addition to Steve’s post, if you want to use auto-tagging to tag all your transactions you may should create these autotag-rules before uploading /entering all your transactions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.