Feeds from more banks

Have you seen this list of bank APIs?

I’m prepared to pay for integration with my bank ING Bank Śląski.

Hello @marekkowalczyk

I believe this may be related to the Open Banking scheme which was launched in January of this year. It’s still in very early stages, but as it expands and becomes more widely available in the UK, this is something we will be working on.

However, given that the scheme is new and only supported by a small number of UK banks at present, I’m unable to give any timelines on this. We will however post any updates on these forums, so watch this space.

It’s worth noting that many of the banks are currently supported by Yodlee already. If there are any banks of interest, I’m happy to check this for you before you purchase any subscriptions.

1 Like

The bank in question is ING Bank Śląski Swift INGBPLPW.

I appreciate your support in this matter.

I’ve had a quick look at Yodlee, but it doesn’t appear that this bank is one of their supported ones. There are 9 options for “ING”, but I’m sorry to say, ING Bank Śląski isn’t one of them.

As the open banking side of things progresses, we will post updates on these forums and elsewhere (like social media). I can’t guarantee that this bank will be one of the supported ones, but all I can suggest for now is to watch this space.

In the meantime, if you are able to export your data as a .csv file, we’re happy to try and assist with importing this into QuickFile, if that helps?

Thank you! By now, I’m a master of CSV exporting/processing/exporting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cześć Marek!

Do you know if ING Bank Śląski offers any API for automated downloading of bank statements?

Currently I created export definition from ING but need to download it manually, next clean from Polish characters and upload to QuickFile.

I did not find any solution to handle bank authentication automatically or access the statement in any format with API.

Best regards,
Michal

Hi @irreality

While I’m not able to comment on whether ING has an API or not, generally the API is restricted in terms of access. As part of the Open Banking initiative, all users have to be registered with the Financial Conduct Authority. My colleague explains our current position better in another recent post:

By all means, if you can access an API - great news, but I just wanted you to be aware of the current situation for us (including the process involved).

Me neither. But I’ve asked this question on ING community forum.

Thank you for coming forth with your offer to help me with CSV.

I’ve already developed a very satisfying solution :slight_smile:

I’m willing to share it if there’s any interest among folks who’d like to adapt it to their circumstances.

Trigger warning: requires knowledge of the Wolfram programming language.