Filtered list results limited by result numbers

Hi,
This happens a lot. I look to report on certain things, in this instance invoices/ money spent for a specific client. I do this so I can work out an agreed rebate scheme. Quickfile shows me the results I need but I can’t export to a spreadsheet because it only shows 50 items per page and there is no way I know to select everything ready to export. I suppose I could do an export per page and merge the results but that seems so backwards when the system has all the info and is simply limited because of the number count per page. These reports are required to send to clients so having it handy and easy to do each time would be really helpful.
Is there an easier way to do this?

Hello @w9gga

You could extract what you need from your backup csv’s which will contain all data

Oh. Seems long winded. All the info is there and would be so easy to export if there was a way to select all or show more per page.

Last time I went into the backup you are right all the info is there once you find it but it’s a chore.

If nothing else this should be a feature request. It happens when I’m trying to select more than 50 items when trying to calculate how much I owe suppliers and all sorts of other occasions.

Hello @w9gga

If the totals are what you need you can display additional columns on the supplier screen.

Hello @w9gga

Please feel free to add a vote to the feature request below

I’m not always just after totals.

As an example. When trying to calculate how much we owe a supplier compared to whats on their statement I go in and tick them off, it starts totalling and alls great. I then need to go onto page 2 and bingo, they are all gone and a new total starts (Plus I disagree with it not showing/ calculating partial balances but thats another topic!).

On this occasion though I need to calculate all spend over £2000 since Jan 1st and total less a certain project tag. The back up route is painful, Ive just had a go - its frustrating that QF has all this easily possible if it wasnt for this silly restriction.

Hi @w9gga

I think what may be a better tool here is either the creditors report, or the batch payment report.

The creditors report will list everything owed, and likewise with the batch payment report.

If you go to Reports > All Reports > Debtors/Creditors Report, this will give you a breakdown of what’s outstanding on a supplier-by-supplier basis, along with the outstanding balance.

The batch payment report is similar, but comes as a CSV format (and is “as of now” rather than having the option to enter a specific date". This can be found on the outstanding balances report (Purchases > Outstanding Purchases). No need to tick any boxes, just go to More Options >> Export Batch Payment List
Then select how you want the report to be structured. I believe the detailed breakdown will give you what you want, although this isn’t for just one supplier, but does give you the partial balances.

There isn’t a quick win with this, but there’s a possibility to do it, and it would be a 2-step process. Firstly do the search like @QFSteve mentioned above - enter the supplier name, and select “Show totals” (I would go for gross because of the data returned in the next step).

You can enter a project tag, date range, and a supplier name in the search box:

And the total will be displayed in the top right corner

The very last stage does involve a calculator by taking the one away from the other, but that should give you the figure needed.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Matthew - I’ve had a quick look at this but in all honesty I think merging an export per page will be quicker.
I read the previous thread where Glenn said it can’t be done because its about available system resource and I totally get that but if it cant be shown on screen at more than 50 per page I just don’t get why you cant set the filter criteria and download all the results to a csv, no matter how many pages its over.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.