Firefox opening receipts

Hello All
Somehow, I used to have Firefox opening pdf/jpeg scans in receipt hub properly so they can be viewed in the preview window, and at the same time, I could choose whether to open/save/select app for other websites. This was great, and how I wanted it.
Since a Firefox update, I now have to set ‘open in firefox’ for pdf/jpeg document types to make receipt hub work, but this means all other sites open said document types in firefox rather than give me options to download or open in a different app.
I vaguely remember having to set this up previously to get it how I wanted but forget how.
Can anyone please advise…

Also, I can’t see an option to search community posts. I’m sure I could before…? Or am I losing it…?

Hello @andythornton

Re you first issue, There is nothing specific to QuickFile in setting this up, I did however, find this on the web relating to file associations.

Re your second issue, this cropped up recently on another post in the forum, this post may help you

Thanks Steve
I’m actually on Mac but the functions are perhaps similar.
The frustrating thing is I had it set up perfectly, then probably after a firefox update, I lost it.
Quickfile is a little different in that it opens the preview in a window rather than a new tab so I’m not sure whether that’s pertinent to the fact that I had different behaviour with Quickfile than other websites.

Hello Andy

Not sure if you had a 3rd party app controlling this but I am aware there are a number of apps which allow you to control what links load up inn what browsers.

I have attached some links below.

NOTE we do not have any affiliation with these providers so please read documentation carefully before installing anything.

http://choosyosx.com/

Didn’t have anything custom installed - that’s the mystery. I have a vague recollection of setting some preferences in firefox but can’t remember if I had to do anything unusual.
It may have been something like ‘always ask’ but for whatever reason, Quickfile didn’t ask?

Hello Andy

I did find this on the Mozilla support site relating to issues with Firefox and Mac.

It may be worth running through it and then un/reinstalling Firefox so you get the default setup

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1289342

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.