GoCardless Holding Account

Hi,

My GoCardless seems to work just as expected - inoice shows as paid automatically etc - but the Holding Account shows a Positive balance, even though if I log into GoCardless itself, the money has already had fees deducted and been paid into my Bank.

Should the GC info showing in quickfile not update to show my GC doesn’t have ‘credit’ in it as such - or is this a problem due to not being able to tie my Bank Feed in (so Quickfile GC has nowhere to say the money has Gone to)?

(Not even got onto trying to figure out if the GC fees have been auto added somewhere yet! :smiley: )

If the money is being held in the GoCardless account, then this is correct - the account is in balance.

What you would need to do, is: 1. Account for the fee, 2. transfer the funds (both in GoCardless and manually in Quickfile).

May be worth having a look at this post - it’s about a PayPal query, but I actually used my GoCardless account as the example, as the concept is the same
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/showing-deductions-for-paypal-fees/2990/2?u=parker1090

Quick File will log the payments received to the GC merchant account but it doesn’t automatically account for the movement of fees to your current account. What you’d need to do is go into your current account and you should find the deposit made by GC for the income collected, tag that as a transfer to the GC merchant account and that should balance things out.

The GC account has nothing in it now - it’s automatically taken its fee and passed the rest onto the Bank Account - but Quickfile still shows the balance before that pay-out.

I suppose I was assuming the GC feed in Quickfile would update to show that the GC account now had Zero Balance - so that when Bank income is entered manually later (no feed for my bank) I’m not effectively showing the same income twice.

I’m assuming there that the GC feed does actually communicate with GC and update itself - and not simply keep a track of what it knows Should have been collected by GC?

I can see the logic from the paypal thing though - each income should have a Source, an Account its in, Fees etc - which takes me back to if that’s all working then shouldn’t the next step be the GC money moving into Bank Account (unlike with paypal where that would be a manual request, but then I’d hope that woudl still Feed in at some point?)

Ah - Glenns response came in while I was typing. :smile:

I see - so auto pay-out tracking - so where does it get its Balance from? Is it a ‘live feed’ or is it working it out from invoices? I’d have thought its Live and so would reset to Zero?

Unfortunately, I have no Bank Feed, so my current account balance will be manually entered, until I can get statements and enter all transactions manually, I’ve nothing to tie the GC to to zero it…