How to collate information in order to produce and Intermediary report

Hi there QF Community

As I am a small business owner and not an accountant I am hoping some of you might be able to help me figure out if there is a way in QF for me to collate the necessary information in order to produce quarterly Intermediary reports from HMRC?

To the best of my knowledge this is mainly just the amount that I have paid to each subcontractor in the past quarter. I know in Xero you could create a field which would show up on each ‘Bill’ where you could select the subcontractors name and in turn it would collate the information respectively. Does QF have any such capabilities or does anyone have any handy suggestions on how I might be able to achieve this?

Much thanks in advance…

Hi @Wingman

I just wanted to confirm what was required for this report if I may? Is it just totals per contractor for example?

Hi Mathew

Yes, to the best of my knowledge that is all the information I would need from Quick File in order to produce an Intermediary Report. Just a breakdown of how much each subcontractor has been paid in the last quarter. The only other info in the report is their name, address, NI number etc…

Thanks

Hi Mathew

I have just spoken with my accountant and in turn wish to elaborate. What they are looking for is a way that a .csv file could be collated with the following information for each subcontractor.

Worker Forename, Worker Middle Name, Worker Surname, Woker DOB, Workers Gender, Workers NI Number, Worker Address, Worker Postcode, Workers engangement details, Start date of engagement, end date of engagement, Amount paid, Currency, Wether the amount is inclusive of Vat, Name of party paying Intermediary, Address and Postcode.

These are all the fields required as stipulated by HMRC and the reports are in a .csv format

Thanks

Hi @Wingman

Unfortunately a report giving that sort of information isn’t available within QuickFile.

We don’t have any facility to record or store workers details, DOB etc.

Even if that data was hard coded on the report ?
How about just getting a report with the figures paid per quarter to each subbie?

This could be possible. Do they invoice you, and you record them as a supplier with a purchase invoice? Or is this handled another way?

Hi Mathew

Yes, you are correct. They all invoice me and I record them with a purchase invoice.

There are 2 options here then.

You should use suppliers and just list the totals invoiced/paid to them from the suppliers list by doing an advanced search:

The other option would be to use project tags, and add a project tag for each contractor (and even job if you wanted). This can also be done to view totals on a date range:

There’s more info on projects here: Projects in QuickFile

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.