How to create staged invoices from an estimate

Hi @BigDan

There hasn’t been any changes here I’m afraid.

However, your interest has been noted and we’ll let you know here if anything does change.

Staged invoicing would be useful for our business. Currently, we have to raise an estimate - convert to invoice - delete some lines off invoice - send invoice - go back to estimate - revert back to draft - delete the lines invoiced and flag as sent again. This is the process we have to go through for every client as we have multiple lines on all orders and all invoiced at different times. So as you can see it would be very helpful to have a select line items to invoice , leaving the rest in the estimate type of process

1 Like

I’d definitely support a “pay by instalments” option for invoices. We often sell packages that can be bought in one go or across several months and it’s tedious setting up the multiple invoices for them. Being able to make one invoice then set it to collect £X initially and £Y every {week/month/etc.} would be really helpful.

It’s possible a next iteration on that would be to set up the payments but only collect them on a manual action to progress through each stage - you’d need some report to see partial invoices that need pushing forwards though.

1 Like

Interested on this too.

1 Like

Any news on this? This would be a big help for us to.

Yes we could use this. It would be a important update for us.

Hi @upgradeproperty

There are no updates here I’m afraid. We will activately post updates as and when they happen.

I’d also like to vote for this as a feature request. Having the option for clients to pay a deposit on a total amount i.e. 50% upfront and then the other 50% on completion of a given project would be useful to save creating multiple invoices.

Hi @Ad_Morris

You can add your vote for this feature at the top of the thread.

Great thank you, I missed that.

This topic has arisen this week, we had an invoice to do from for a quotation which has involved staged payments and so not all of the work has been completed. This will of course involves additional paperwork but I cannot see how this situation is easily resolved through QF, this will always be the case when invoicing is done in stages, for the majority of us this situation is rather rare and so can be managed when the situation arises by making those tweaks.

“Tweak the invoice” by removing items not ready for requesting payment and then issue that first invoice. Afterwards; return to the quotation and issue another invoice(s) and remove the lines not required in the invoice(s).

This is also similar to the feature request for ‘Deposit amount on invoice’ . I’ve voted for both as I think we have the same problem and happens for a lot of our customer sales invoices due to the nature of our work.
I don’t pretend to understand the complexities of the technical changes that would be involved but I understand a simple request is not always simple to achieve!
However - trying to make the look of the invoices simpler for customers - would it be possible to just remove the ‘amount paid’ from the bottom of the invoices? not the back-end, just remove from the visual of the invoice template? I think I tried last year and it was fixed. is that the case?
We currently copy the invoice for each staged payment and amend for amounts paid as a negative amount line. But the amount paid box can then be confusing to the customer that is under the impression they already paid 20%.
Our work around also means the full amount is not in the debtors control report.

Still keen to have the ability for staged payments/deposit lines in invoices. But in the meantime can we remove the ‘amount paid’ box?
Thanks

You can do that with custom CSS:

tr.footer-amount-paid {
  display: none;
}
1 Like

Thank you! much appreciated.

Hello, it would be great to have some way of making the payment schedule clearer.
I agree by your comments it could get complicated on the back end, have you considered a simpler solution? @Glenn
Perhaps just having the option to add a payment schedule like the example below (Hubspot quotes) there is an extra box at the end of the quote where you can set this up.
Happy to send more details of the back end if it would help?

1 Like