How to invoice in foreign currency?

I need to invoice a client in foreign currency, not GBP. But the system does not
allow me to write letters into the “Rate” cubicle, only numbers. I can’t find this option in Settings/invoice customization. How can I create an invoice that says, let’s say: Rate: EU80 /hour - and then gives the total amount in the given foreign currency, not in GBP.

Hi @Rhino_Trust

You will first need to enable multi-currency on your account, which will then allow you to create invoices in a number of different supported currencies.

There’s a guide on how to enable this, and how to use it, here:

I hope this helps, but please let me know if we can help further :slight_smile:

thank you! i got it. sometimes the “terminology” is a bit hard to comprehend, as i am no bookkeeper, but it will come, i am sure.
i have another question, if i may: HOW do i create a PDF file of an invoice?
when i am finished with the invoice, it only gives two options - To Send and To Print.
but if i just want to keep a PDF copy in my files, how do i make that?
thanks!
ben

No problem!

If you click the “Print” button, all this does is generate a PDF file. You don’t have to print it if you don’t want to, you can just save it. Once you click the button, the system will generate the file for you. How it displays would depend on your own computer. For example, I use Google Chrome on Windows 10, which loads the PDF in Chrome for me. From here, I can just click “Save” in the top right corner.

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.