How to prevent overdue invoice email for part paid invoices

I am working on a project which required a part payment on an invoice but my client then received an overdue invoice email as the terms were set to 30 days.

I sent the invoice via email.

Is there any way of changing this to prevent the reminder emails being sent until my work is completed and I can ask for the remaining balance?

The best thing to do would be to switch off the auto-send feature. That would allow you to manually vet any email reminders going out.

You will find this option in the Credit Control Settings are under All Account Settings.

Hi Glenn
Thanks for getting back; the problem with this is we do rely on the feature for other clients so would love if you could enable/disable on a per client basis.

I guess another problem with this could be that the terms would still stand at 30 days for example, but with a part-paid invoice even though it’s raised, and an email is not being sent to notify the client, the invoice would still be overdue if you’re working beyond that 30 day period?

Hi @tobyw7

The only way to do this at the moment would be as @Glenn suggests. However, I can change this thread to a feature request if you wish, and maybe it’s something we can look at further if there’s a demand from the community

I believe I have just altered the due date on the invoice to stop this happening in the past. Not ideal but it does the job I suppose. A setting to inhibit reminder emails on a per client basis would be good though.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Changing it to a feature request would be great :slight_smile:

Cheers - looks like that also changes status from overdue to not overdue.

There is also a way to defer a reminder on a per invoice basis, but unfortunately not per client. This may help you in the short term:

Configure a different schedule for a specific invoice

You could use this to push the reminders back as far you’d like. Not sure, might work for you?

2 Likes

Never knew that existed! That would save me manually altering the invoice dates. I often send an invoice for the full contract amount and get 50% of it paid in advance of a job which could last for quite a while and then you have to remember to alter the dates before the client rings up complaining about reminders!

I suppose to satisfy this feature with some simplicity you could just add a tick box on invoice creation for something like ‘disable reminder emails’, or even a ‘defer for x days’ text box?

1 Like

that could probably work quite well!

Cool, will check this feature out :slight_smile: