How to set recurring invoice to collect direct debits 1st of the month

I run a monthly subscription based service, and want to collect payments from my customers by direct debit on the 1st of each month, but am struggling to understand the best way to do this in QF, I can set up a reoccurring invoice but I have to give it a fixed date in the month, with the DD being initiated in a fixed number of days after the invoice…

How can I make this work where DDs are collected on the 1st of each month and the invoice is issued 7 days before the 1st??

Thanks, Manoj

Hi @Manoj_Patel1

It’s not possible to do this at the moment I’m afraid. As you’ve mentioned yourself, the direct debit can only be set x days after the invoice has been created.

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to set recurring invoices to create on a fixed date (for example, 20th of each month) and manually set the direct debit up to be collected on the 1st of the following month, like this:

1. Once the invoices have been generated, tick the ones you wish to request the Direct Debit for, and click ‘More Options’ >> ‘Collect by Direct Debit’

2. Enter the date you wish to collect the direct debit, and whether you want to batch payments into one collection (e.g. if Client A has 2 invoices, this could come in as 1 payment. This works out better in situations where the fees work out cheaper to collect it in one go):

3. Click ‘Collect’, and QuickFile will send this to GoCardless for you