I don't understand the data on a customer statement

I attach a redacted customer statement produced by Quickfile which I do not understand.6131472790_Statement_8868eabf-db7_Redacted.pdf (76.4 KB)
The statement is for a tenant at the end of a lease.
The monies held in the rent deposit account (£2545.78) have been transferred into the current account and allocated generally to the customer’s account (‘Payments’ in Account Summary block).
Also, he had previously paid invoices which extended beyond the end of the tenancy and you can see two credit notes in the body of the statement. The total of those two credits and the rent deposit account are £2614.70 and this is in ‘Credits’ in the Account Summary.
The ‘Period’ of this statement was set to ‘This month’ so as not to clutter it.
Rather randomly to me, the two November invoices less the two credit notes are then shown in ‘Invoiced’ in the Account Summary. I confess I find the inclusion of that figure rather confusing.
But the main problem is the ‘Outstanding Balance’ - which to my eye is wrong.
The account can be summarised as:

Payment into their account £2,545.78
Credit note CN00001 from invoice already paid £41.52
Credit note CN00002 from invoice already paid £27.40
SUB2069 -£54.69
SUB2071 -£301.37
SUB2073 -£235.00
SUB2066 -£660.00
Total: £1,363.64

Not the £1251.06 shown, which is simply the sum of the four invoices.

I would appreciate your comments please.
Many thanks

Sorry - didn’t make that very clear.
There account is in credit to the tune of £1363.64.
They don’t have an outstanding balance at all.

Hi @sjl

The statement view only shows payments assigned to invoices. The payment dated 11/11/2016 hasn’t been allocated to any invoices and is sat on the client’s account as a pre-payment. As it’s not allocated, it won’t be shown.

There is a feature request open for this that you may wish to add your vote to. You can find it here

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.