Importing a journal using the Trial Balance importer

Does anyone know whether you could use the Trial Balance Import tool as a method of importing journals into Quickfile? We use Payroll Manager to process payroll for our clients, I can create a csv from this and tell it which Quickfile nominal accounts I want it posted to. Is this an acceptable?

Hi @Aspyre_Accountancy

It’s not something I’ve tried if I’m honest. Do you have an example file that you would be willing to share in a private message and I’ll take a quick look for you?

Did I send the reply to the correct place? I uploaded a journal as a csv?

Thanks @Aspyre_Accountancy :+1:. All received. I’ll come back to you shortly.

[Update]
For anyone else following this thread, I just wanted to give a small update to this.
It does work, but it will fill the “Notes” column of the journal with an Opening Balance message.

I have now used this to import three journals, representing three months. I had to rename the journal, to say November Wages, blank out the notes and amend the description column to the employees name for their gross and net pay and then just used November payroll for the PAYE, NIC etc. This did save a little time. If there was a way to name the journal as appropriate as well as keep the description and put in what I like in the notes, this would be perfect way to import payroll date into Quickfile. Is anyone else interested in this?

The description issue has been noted and is with our development team. This should take up the value of the CSV file you’re importing from, so that will be fixed shortly (apologies for that!).

You may want to start a new thread as a feature request though relating to the journal importer. It would make it easier for others to find it and for us to track it. :slight_smile:

Hi. Thanks for your help so far. I will process next months wages and see what changes the development team do. Then if it gets the description in and leaves only the note field showing as as opening balance import message and having to rename the journal, all I would be asking is for is being able to enter the journal name and notes myself rather than this being determined for me. This may be quite simple for your developers to do but I could then raise it as a feature request and see if other users would want this too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.