Importing CSVs of invoices

My company uses an excel spreadsheet in order to collate all received timesheets (inbuilt with certain checks like date, times etc and then calculates payroll, however, I need to then upload each one as an invoice, I’ve found a few pieces of software that does this, however, I like quickfile’s invoice sending ability and would like to keep with quickfile if possible.

Is it possible to import a CSV of the rate, number of hours, description (Who worked), and total (either automatically calculated or can be uploaded)

Hi @Pinkbunnyman

There’s a bit of flexibility in the invoices that can be created from a CSV import.

We have a list of all the fields available in this guide here

Hopefully that helps

Though note that the CSV importer can only create single-line invoices. If you need to put more than one line on the same invoice (e.g. if you’re charging two different people’s work to the same client) then you’d need to use the API to program your own more complex logic.

Ah okay, this was the issue I was having as some are up to 200 lined invoices, is there an API tutorial anywhere to make it easier for me

There’s no step by step tutorial that I’m aware of, the API specification is at http://api.quickfile.co.uk and there’s a few examples in different programming languages at New endpoint for the API - No more SOAP! (including one I’ve just added in Groovy for creating a multi-line invoice).

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.