Imports and VAT payments to FedEx

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice on how to handle the following scenario…

I have made a purchase from Israel which was in US $ and made a payment via PayPal which converted the currency amount into UK £s. I have added this transaction into the system as a purchase and inserted the converted UK £s amount into the ‘Sub-Total’ field and selected ‘NO VAT’ as the supplier hasn’t charged VAT on their invoice due to their location.

Subsequently I have received an invoice from FedEx for the VAT amount due on the purchase. Their invoice includes two chargeable lines - one for the VAT and one for their ‘Advancement Fee’. There is no additional VAT chargeable on this invoice.

My questions are:

1. How do I add this FedEx invoice to the purchases screen so that I can claim this VAT charge back from HMRC?

2. Which category should be selected from the drop-down menu for the ‘VAT’ charge? I have currently selected ‘Import Duty’ as their is no VAT option.

3. Which category should be selected from the drop-down menu for the Fed-Ex ‘Advancement Fee’ charge?

Thanks for any help in advance.

You may find the following helpful:

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/c79-import-vat-import-duty-handling-fees/881

@Glenn Thank you so much for your response – all sorted now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.