Invoice didn't automatically collect by Direct Debit

Hi everyone
One of my clients insisted on me using DD so he didn’t have to manually pay his invoice.
I joined GoCardless and the first time I created him an invoice it collected it by DD.
I created an invoice on the 28/1/21 with a due date of the 4th Feb and sent it to him.
I was checking the system yesterday and noticed that Gocardless didn’t have record of the payment so had to manual select collect by DD in Quickfile with a collection date of the 8th Feb.
Please can you tell me firstly why my invoice didn’t initially collect by DD and then when I initiated it yesterday and the due date is the 4th, why the payment is going to be collected on the 8th.
I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find where to change it and I’m going to be paid late now.
Thanks Sarah

Hi @SarahSJM

If you only requested the direct debit yesterday then this takes 3-5 working days to process. Go Cardless do not process payments on a weekend which is why its giving Monday.

To link the direct debit to your recurring invoice so that you don’t have to manually collect it you can follow the steps in this guide: Setting up Direct Debits

Hope this helps

DDs only collect automatically from recurring invoices. If you create a one off invoice you need either to collect it manually or to create a “recurring” invoice for a total of one payment.

Thanks for explaining.
I can’t set it to a recurring invoice as the hours vary.
When I create the invoice next month, what do I need to do so that the invoice will be set to collect by the invoice due date ?

Thanks, how do I set it to collect manually ?

When you create the invoice, you will need to select to collect by DD - the same way that you did with the invoice yesterday

OK thanks, I’ll have a look.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.