Invoice email attachment fails

Hi,
I’m using the QF facility to produce an invoice. When I click to send the invoice with an attachment (a small Excel spreadsheet attached) my client gets the email but without the invoice or attachment. I’m also getting a message that says "We could not find the token @DirectInvoiceLink@. Without this token your client will have no link to the document you are sending."
Does QF only send a link, and not send the invoice as an attachment?
Can someone help with this, please?
Thanks,
David

Hi @dgee

QuickFile doesn’t send the attachments as attachments, but rather as a list. There are a few reasons for this, but it’s mainly down to preserving server resources and not filling up your client’s email inbox.

The token you mentioned would be required to list the attachments. I’ve included a link to the original announcement regarding this which will hopefully get this working for you, but please don’t hesitate to ask if you need further help.

Hi,
Thanks for your help with this. So does the attached file token just have to appear somewhere in the email? For example this is how my email looks now:

Please use this link: @DirectInvoiceLink@ to download my invoice and accompanying timesheet.

Invoice #: @InvoiceNumber@
Issue Date: @InvoiceIssueDate@
Due Date: @InvoiceDueDate@
Total Amount: @InvoiceTotalAmount@

@EmailSignature@

@AttachedFileList@

Should this work?

Thanks again, David

No problem! That should work. This would show, for example:

Please use this link: Click here to view your invoice to download my invoice and accompanying timesheet.

Invoice #: 12345
Issue Date: 04/09/2017
Due Date: 18/09/2017
Total Amount: 100.00 GBP

Kind Regards,
Accounts Department

File Attachments

• Link to file 1.pdf
    File 1 description
  • Link to file 2.jpg
    File 2 description
1 Like

Thanks again, that’s appreciated.
David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.