Invoices going into junk

Hi, I’ve suddenly started having issues in that all my invoices are going to junk. Only just started, including ones I’ve CC myself. What can I do please?

Are you using your own SMTP server or sending through the Quickfile server as yourname@quickfile.co.uk?

There is no 100% foolproof way of keeping invoices out of junk folders, the very fact that the email contains an embedded link is sometimes a trigger. However using your own SMTP server is usually the most reliable.

An update in one of the major filtering algorithms can hit many of your customers at the same time so a small change can have a major effect…

Instructions on using your own server can be found in th knowledgebase

For more reliable less embarrassing email delivery you’re better off sending the email yourself as pretty much 100% of the Quickfile invoices I send out end up in peoples junk folders and Quickfile aren’t too keen on improving this area of the platform.

Hi @Lurch

We’re happy to look into improving things where there is a regular issue (e.g. allowing just the link to the invoice without the HTML).

Unfortunately, there are quite a few emails these days that look like invoices but are spam which causes a negative effect on genuine emails. I’ve experienced this first hand (with large organisations in some cases), and I’m sure others have too.

Please don’t hesitate to put any suggestions forward as a feature request, and we can certainly review them if there’s enough interest or benefit.

There’s already a feature request for plain text emails which would help massively. I know there is a big problem with fake invoice emails but they almost always have dodgy attachments. If I check the scoring on the Quickfile emails that are marked as junk there is no single thing that makes it spam, it is just an overall trust thing with the various embedded/HTML parts and the way it is constructed. Simply allowing plain text emails to be sent would solve this issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.