Issue with Flat rate scheme and VAT not showing up in Purchase orders

Hi there.

I am on a flat rate VAT scheme but it seems as a result of this I am unable to add VAT to any purchase orders.

This is most unprofessional as I am having to added the VAT to the order amount but still sending a PO with 0 rated VAT which is not correct. I am assuming that if I change to a standard VAT then this would show on my PO. There must be a different way as my suppliers may not be on a flat rate scheme and either a need to send a PO without reference to VAT or one that correctly shows the Nett and VAT rates.

You wouldn’t enter VAT on a purchase order, as it would be up to your supplier to determine the VAT (whether it would be chargeable or not, and at what rate).

You can always amend the purchase order before converting it to a purchase anyway, where is where the VAT rate can be entered.

See this post here:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/vat-drop-boxes-on-purchase-orders/640/2

The system does allow you to specify VAT on POs as this simplifies the process of converting to a purchase invoice. The limitation in this particular case is due to you being on Flat Rate, there are only very limited circumstance upon which you are able to reclaim VAT on the Flat Rate Scheme.

I do think however that if VAT is locked on a PO, it really shouldn’t show the VAT columns at all, this we will look into futher. As @Parker1090 mentions in general a PO doesn’t need to specify VAT as it’s ultimately down to the supplier what VAT gets applied, it’s just in your case it also shouldn’t show zero.

Hi,
Any progress on this issue as it applies to us too?
We use the flat rate scheme so can’t reclaim VAT on purchases.
Therefore when I use quickfile to send a PO to a supplier all I want is to show the net amount, with “All prices subject to VAT” in the comments box.
As it stands, stating that VAT is £0 is wrong.

Hi @AandyO, yes this has been fixed on our development system and is due to go live tomorrow afternoon (notwithstanding any last minute issues).

@ewen @AandyO this has now been implemented. Any Purchase orders raised with zero VAT (which would be the default outcome for Flat Rate users) will now hide all references to VAT.

Thanks Glenn & co,
Quickfile is an amazing system and not only that…
Your support is as good as any I’ve experienced in 20+yrs of IT.
I don’t know how you do it, but keep it up!!
Andy

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.