Issue with tagging - not showing due invoices

Hi

I have a client that is trying to tag some invoices that he has created for a particular client. He has unpaid invoices from 1st June 2016 to 5th December 2016. However when he goes in to tag any invoices dated after 2nd December 2016, he can’t see them to select. I thought that maybe he hadn’t shown all outstanding invoices, but when he shows all the last transaction visible is 2nd December. Is there something we are missing?

Hi @sarah101

There are a few things to consider here which may be the cause.

• If you’re tagging directly to an invoice of the same value (the bank transaction equals the total invoice value), there is a limit on the scope of search based on the bank transaction date. This, by default, is set to 1 month but it can be changed in Account Settings >> Advanced Features

• Is the invoice in the same currency as the bank transaction? If not, you’ll need to tag it differently. There’s more on that here

• Has anything been allocated to the invoice already? The tagging will only look for invoices with total value matching the bank transaction value. You may need to use the ‘Pay down multiple invoices’ option to reveal it.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you need any further help :slight_smile:

Hi

Thanks for the possible suggestions, however none of these seem to have helped. The client is trying to tag from the bank transaction and has gone through the ‘Pay down multiple invoices’ option but can’t see any invoices entered after 2nd December. Id there anything else you might suggest?

I’ll send you a private message to get a few more details from you and see if we can help further

Sometimes I enter an invoice but forget to mark it sent. So it does not show when trying to tag it from bank transactions.
Could that be the cause?