Items showing in the suspense account

Hi @Quicklisters

If this is a duplicate transaction, then you can delete it from the bank account that it appears in. This will remove it from the account and the suspense account.

Hi QF

Only one entry visible for this amount – if deleted it still shows up in suspense ?

K

If this helps
I deleted the full year and started again - still there ?

I have searched all accounts no sign of entry

K

If its still there after you delete a full year and before you start again then it relates to a previous year.

Or if not, when you say you started again, where did you tag the bank opening balance? As that will create a suspense entry if left unallocated

Where do I look to find my opening balance c/f ?

My balance is correct on my transaction account list

K

The balance will look right that’s not the issue.

I don’t know how far back the problem may go so it’s hard to advise. Might be easier for support to take a look at your account

I would appreciate supports help

Kevin

Hi @Quicklisters

If you have a look at the suspense account transactions. You can then click the question mark icon: image

this will bring up a little comment line to show you where the transaction has come from. If you click the blue writing this will then bring up said transaction within the bank account view showing it as untagged.

If you look at your Merchant Square account on the bank account view you will see that there are 2 untagged transactions here which is what is showing in your suspense account

You are a :star2:

Fixed …now I would never ever have found that area in the system

Sincere thanks
Kevin

1 Like

So just as we said way back in the very first reply to this thread… suspense account balances are almost always untagged bank transactions, occasionally a leftover from an opening bank account balance, hardly ever anything else.

Thanks to all for your help

For a beginner pictures did the job!!

K

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.