Journal template

May I put in a request for a journal template facility please? It is mainly for payroll, where the amount can differ by a few pennies each month, but I do have others and it is a pain to retype the journal each month!

I had such skeleton journals with Sage 50, including the basic numbers. I could just recall it and alter the numbers, the post.

I would also like to be able to post certain sales and purchase transactions directly to the bank using a bank receipt and bank payment facility, again similar to Sage 50. It is mainly for cash transactions; it would save time over entering an invoice and paying it immediately.

Thanks.

Hazel

You could set up a recurring schedule for your journal and then amend the numbers each month.

1 Like

In the meantime there is an API integration that I made a while back that lets you import a journal from a Google Sheets spreadsheet - I built it to support CSV imports but it could work well for your case too as you could make one sheet within the same document for each template journal and then just tweak the numbers and import the same sheet again each month.