Just setting up & cant find where to add stock items

hi,
i have a small agricultural merchant business & have moved to quickfile thanks to hmrc…
i have my list of customers & what they owe.
i also have a list of companies & what i owe them both from my last years trading.
but now i am trying to find out where i add each (stock) item when purchased.
i can see where to add purchases but there doesnt seem to be anywhere for each item , discription ,price & quantity.
if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatfully appreciated.
thank you.

Hello @cookie11

QuickFile does not have any stock control features.

You can record the purchase of items on a purchase invoice but the breakdown to Quantity and individual item price would not be relevant as the Invoices line net and vat totals are all that are recorded in your accounts

Thanks for your prompt reply.
i cant seem to find where i put on the purchase invoice like above where the purchase price is put & where the sales price is put & stock quantity is.
thanks again.

Hello @cookie11

On purchase invoices your do not enter a stock qty or purchase price.

You just enter the Net and vat rate

On a sales invoice you can enter in in 2 ways

Enter the unit cost and qty

or (New Line)

Enter a new time event (Rate and hours)

hi, I’m still lost .
is there anywhere that i can see a stock list with purchase price & sale price.
thanks again.

Hi,
Quickfile doesn’t have a stock control feature. If you want to use one you have to look for a stock/Inventory software.
Quickfile only has a kind of item/ Inventory list in a simple way. Have a look here, maybe it is helpful

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.