Keyboard shortcuts not working for other user

I’ve been using the keyboard shortcuts just fine on my primary user, however when i told my partner about the shortcuts he said they don’t work. Checked his account, no restrictions are on, checked the setting was switched to ON on his user, it’s ON, tried turning off and logging out and logging back in and switching on, they still wont work.

Anyone else encountered this?

Hi @fishbowlhead

What browser and operating system are they using please? We haven’t had anyone else mention them not working, but happy to take a look for you

Both systems are using windows 10 (up to date) and chrome (up to date). It’s the secondary user i have set up that’s not working for some reason. Or it may be something blindingly obvious i’ve missed.

Do they have any plug ins installed that could be interfering with it?

I’ve got access to both Win 10 and Chrome, so I’ll give it a go now on my test account

No plug ins installed at all on either account. My shortcuts are working perfectly, the other user not all all, very strange.

I’ve tried replicating this without any joy.

Do they have full permissions on their account, or are they restricted by the main administrator? I’m just wondering if they’re trying to access something without the right permissions?

@fishbowlhead I presume your partner has his own QF account, he’s not a team member of your account?

The keyboard shortcuts feature requires a Power User subscription, do you know if he has one? If you let @QFMathew or I know the account details (you can send as a private message if you prefer) we will investigate further.

Hi Glen, he’s a team member on my account, sorry i should’ve made that clear. He’s marked as administrator with nothing restricted.

Thanks for the clarification, he should therefore be able to use that feature then. If you can let either @QFMathew or I know of the account details, we can possibly investigate further for you.

Hi Glen,

A while ago i reported to you that one of my users keyboard shortcuts were not working properly, and sporadically. I actually discovered what was causing this today and it was quite obvious in the end. Its was caused by the caps lock being on, this would stop the shift+shortcut button, from working.

I thought you would like to know for future reference.

Hi @fishbowlhead, that’s interesting to note. I’m sure you won’t be the only one to experience this problem.

I think perhaps we can alter our script to handle this scenario so it wouldn’t matter of CAPs was down or not. Will look into this.

Hi

I am using an Macbook, how do i use the shortcuts (i.e control A) , i have tried out a few, but no joy

None of our keyboard shortcuts require use of the CTRL key, just the letter key on it’s own will work.

For a full list of shortcuts please see here.

If these aren’t working please ensure you have a Power User subscription and the keyboard shortcuts feature is switched on in Account Settings >> Advanced Features.

how can i check if i have a power user, i have the option enabled in advance settings

Hi @abuhudhayfah

To check if you have the subscription, you can go to Help >> Additional Services. Any subscriptions will be listed there for you.