Linked QF accounts query

i received an invoice from a subcontractor who is using QuickFile which when i opened the emailed account it asked if i wanted to link the accounts so i agreed. the invoice now appears as a purchase with a purchase/receipt number but in the category it has it down as general purchase not as a sub contractor and i cannot find out how to change this as it needs to be categorised as sub contractor.

can you help change this? I think it may have been that i had not yet entered this sub contractor as a supplier when the invoice came in I have done this now but her invoice 000001 and 000003 still show up as general purchases.
thanks for your help.
Teresa

View the invoice and click on Modify, then change the category from General sales to the appropriate category

I allready tried that but as its linked the suppliers invoive was automatically allocated to a purchase receipt whis cannot be modified-ther is no tab for this.

Thanks for the suggestion though i did double check ro see if its possible but sadly not
Thanks

Probably because its still linked to the originators account and you cannot edit their entry.
Simply revoke ownership so you can edit it.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Amending team member details

Hi @Termeek1

With mapped invoices, they are automatically created and linked to the default nominal code for that supplier. You can however amend it as @George_H mentions by using the ‘Modify’ option, as you can normally. But with a mapped invoice, you will first need to break the mapping for that invoice.

This topic relates to deleting an invoice, but the concept is the same to modify it. Bear in mind that if the mapping is broke, any changes won’t feed through from your supplier.

Thank you i did see the box asking if i wanted to revoke but wasnt sure what that was about. I will do so and amend the invoice.
Many thanks
Teresa

Thanks i un linked it (revoked ) and modified the category. As i have paid against this invoice i dont want the supplier to change anything now.
Thanks for the help.
Teresa

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.