Lloyds Bank QIF import issue

For the last 12 months I have been manually downloading a .qif file statement from our lloyds bank account and manually importing it into quickfile. I went through my usual procedure yesterday however when the transactions were imported they showed up with duplicated amounts incorrect mixed up references. I thought it was a mistake on my part so I deleted the imported information and tried again with the same result, meaning I had to manually enter the transactions.

I have tried to export again today with the same error, sometime it wont import at all saying it is a csv file when it is definitely a qif file. I have tried using different browsers but it makes no difference. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or has something changed on the quickfile system?

Thanks

Bigfoot

Hi @bigfootnetworks

Nothing has changed with QuickFile. However, we are aware of some issues with Lloyd’s that affected the files being downloaded (this also broke the bank feed yesterday, see here for information on this).

If you wish, you’re welcome to send me a copy of the qif file in a private message.

Generally a CSV file is more reliable, so if you are able to use one of these, please give that a go too

The issue I have with CSV is that Quickfile does not support CSV from Lloyds??

Hi

I import bank statements into QF almost every other week almost and never had any issues, but today I imported the statement and references sort of merged together and amounts are incorrect. Can you please look into this?

Thanks

@Filan - This issue had already been reported, so I’ve merged your thread into this one.

@bigfootnetworks - Previously, that was correct. However, it can work, but you need to make a small edit to the file as the format is slightly incorrect (unfortunately, another Lloyd’s issue). There’s more info on this here:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/lloyds-upload-corrupted/13367/8?u=qfsupport

Ive just tried importing via the QIF from Lloyds and it has bought all the transactions in the wrong order so still not working for me.

Please can you revisit this and let me know when fixed as need to use regularly.

Thanks

@redalien - I’ve moved your post to this thread to keep it all together (the other thread was relating to the chrome plugin).

Please see the posts above.

We have not made any changes to the way we process QIFs in 2 years. We will take a few samples to see what changes Lloyds have made to the file that is causing this issue.

@bigfootnetworks, @Filan, @redalien

We have discovered that yesterday or today Lloyds started to display amounts in the QIF different to how they were before. They are now rounding the amounts e.g.

11.00 >> 11
11.30 >> 11.3

I’m not sure why they did this but it was enough to break our QIF parsing tool. We’ve now released an update that should support the new format Lloyds are using.

If anyone continues to experience issues with QIF file uploads please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.