Ltd company, 2 trading names

I have just set up a ltd company which will be operating 2 different businesses, trading as different names. Can Quickfile keep separate accounts within the ltd company file for the 2 businesses? If so, how?

Hi @Newchodge

It’s not possible to have the different names all under one account while having the profit and loss generated for the different businesses.

However, you can use multiple trading styles that would allow you to have different looks for the invoices you send out for each business and the look of the client area when a client goes to view an invoice. For more information on this, please check out the following link: Custom Trading Styles

You can then also use project tagging which would allow you to tag invoices to a certain project. In this case, a project could be the business. The Project tagging does generate a profit and loss per tag so could be useful to you. For more information on this, please check out the following link: Projects in QuickFile

If you feel as though none of these options are what you’re looking for, then I would suggest that you have different QuickFile Accounts for each of the businesses. To make this easier and cheaper for yourselves, you could then look at getting an Affinity Account which would allow you to have one log in for the accounts. For more information on Affinity PLease check out the following link: QuickFile Affinity overview

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks, that certainly helps, I will just have to struggle through the customisation part as I have tried it before and found it very unfriendly!

Sorry to hear you found it unfriendly @Newchodge. Was there anything in particular that you found difficult?

To be honest I hadn’t looked at it for at least 2 years, possibly more, and I seem to remember that colour selection was particularly difficult. However I have just had another look and it appears a great deal easier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.