Merge sole trader accounts into limited company

Hi, I have a limited company that has two trading names. I have set the two trading names up as separate quickfile accounts that are sole traders. I did this mainly in order to allow separate invoicing but I notice now that you can set up different trading styles?

Is is possible to amalgamate the data from both into one Limited company account? I would be interested in then potentially filing my end of year return with Quickfile.

Thanks
Jon

We can change account types but unfortunately we have no way to merge two accounts.

How much activity do you have on each account? Do you know the size of the accounts (in Account Settings >> Company Settings).

One is L and one is M. I have used them up until now just for invoices so an export of data may be all that is required?

Thanks
Jon

I have an affinity account now also but that is setup to administer multiple account as far as I can see. How hard is it to export clients and history etc and then import?

Thanks
Jon

You can export a list of invoices and various other things by running an account backup. You can then import your sales ledger into the new account.

How about clients login areas etc or will I have to set all those up separately again?

Any new account will be located at a new sub-domain, e.g. mynewcompany.quickfile.co.uk.

A client control panel is created as soon as you add an email contact to a client record, but obviously with the new account it will be accessible to your client on your new domain.

Can I carry the client details across from the old accounts to the new one or do I have to start them from scratch again?

Thanks
Jon

Yes you can.

When you’re ready let us know the QF account number of the original account and the new account and we can migrate them for you.

New Account number is 6131464922

Old ones are 6131442671 and 6131444061.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.