Metro bank - chrome plugin

Hi. I was wondering why we don’t have metro bank supported under the Chrome plugin thing?

Is this something QF can look to add to the chrome plugin extension?

Many thanks
Sameera

Hi @Sameera

The Chrome plugin supports the major banks in the UK, but the plug in itself can be added to by the QuickFile community - I’m aware that some other users have done this in the past.

It’s worth mentioning that the Yodlee feed does support the Metro Bank which would be more automated too. It’s likely that with the introduction of Open Banking, this is going to be more favoured move by the community.

However, we’re certainly open to suggestions and other users are welcome to add their vote to this suggestion.

Thanks. I asked because I am not comfortable providing login information to Yodlee. For this reason, I think Chrome plugin is good alternative.

Metro bank is a major UK bank now. With large and wide high street presence in the UK.

If a major bank is a criteria for chrome plugin then it should rightfully be included.

I am sure many QF users will agree with me.

I am not sure if I understand you regarding your point on plugin being added by QF community. Is there manually a way to add Metro bank to the plugin?

There isn’t a criteria as such, although a good amount of support from the community would go in it’s favour - the same as any other feature suggestion for QuickFile.

The plugin is basically JavaScript. If someone is able to write the script to carry out the process for Metro, then we’re happy to test and include it as part of the plugin itself.

As I mentioned above, as Open Banking is now being rolled out in the UK (starting last month), we are in the process of working towards this. If you’re not aware of Open Banking, it does work differently to Yodlee in that the connection is made directly to the bank itself. The Open Banking method is also likely to be more reliable and more widely supported as the year progresses.

But this is firmly in our sights, as my colleague mentions in a previous post, from just under 2 weeks ago:

But to put your mind at ease, Yodlee is secure and is trusted not just by QuickFile, but many organisations worldwide. We actually have an article dedicated to Yodlee security, which can be found here.

I hope this helps!

thank you for the detailed response. much appreciated.

regarding adding metro to chrome plugin, i hope QF will consider adding to it . many thanks

There is no point wasting resources extending Chrome plugins with Open Banking due to fully roll out this year. MetroBank is one of the candidates on our list for full API integration later in the year.

1 Like

Perfect & Thank you. It helps to understand what is going on as per your explanations.