Metro Bank - online Banking

Is there a Plan to integrate online Banking from Metro BAnk please?

Are you referring to the ability for Quick File to automatically import transactions from Metro Bank (i.e. a bank feed)? If this is the case then I’m afraid we must wait for Metro Bank to develop an open web service specifically for this purpose. Don’t hold your breath on that one, we’ve been waiting for this type of thing for years from the big four, and still nothing.

On the other hand, if you can download a CSV file (supported by just about all banks) from your online banking you can certainly import this into Quick File.

Hi. I know this thread is old so wondered if there’s an update. I’m just trying Xero and that does accept the MetroBank feed… no problem. So does QuickFile now support feeds other than Barclays?

Many Thanks
Mark

Hi @Mark_Goodson

There’s no updates on this I’m afraid. You are right that they do feed into Xero, but it’s not a public feed (it seems to be limited to just Xero).

The only ways we offer to import bank transactions is through our Google Chrome bank import extension, which is free to use. However, the real breakthrough we’re waiting for is an API which would certainly make life easier for everyone!

The only thing I can suggest is watch this thread for the time being, as if there is any progress, we will update it here

Thanks for the quick response. The Chrome extension looks great but also doesn’t seem to have Metro Bank at the moment. I’ll give the CSV import a go and see how that is.

No problem.

If you need help with the CSV, please feel free to start a new topic and we’ll try our best to help :slight_smile:

Edit
I’ve also noticed you’ve sent a support ticket in with this query too. I’ve marked the ticket as answered for now as we’ve answered your question here. Just wanted to let you know so you know we’re not ignoring your email

Hi - just wondered if there is an update. I’m working with Quickbooks Online, and that takes a bank feed very smoothly from Metro Bank, so it’s not just Xero now.

Also would be keen for a feed from CAF Bank (charity sector) if possible, I think Quickfile’s pricing structure would suit many smaller charities.

Cloud accounting is moving fast, and as the owner of an accounting practice promoting the many benefits, my choice for a particular client often comes down to whether there is a suitable bank feed given the significant time savings and reduced opportunities for errors.

Many thanks

Mark Sellis
Director
Creative Accountants

@mxs12 both Quickbooks and Xero use Yodlee for delivering bank feeds.

We are currently working with Yodlee at the moment to bring the same functionality to QuickFile. We are very close to releasing a beta product here, I would be more than happy to include you in a beta test group when this feature is available (est. 1-2 weeks).

@ashten, @mxs12, @Mark_Goodson

We are now ready to accept beta testers for Yodlee bank feeds if you are interested please let me know and I will get some further details on your account.

Feel free to send me a private message with your account details.

@ashten @mxs12 @Mark_Goodson

Just wanted to let you know that the Yodlee bank feeds are now available for all QuickFile users. There’s more information, including supported banks, here:

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.