MTD VAT not Authorised

HELP trying to submit VAT return but first it said it had expired so i grant access again. It now says i am not authorised… You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN xxxxxxxxxxx . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update

Running out of time to get this submitted.

Have you been through the troubleshooting steps:

In particular, if you completely disconnect all tax accounts listed on the reports → HMRC page and start over, that will often fix this error.

Hi

Yes I have done all of that a couple of times and still not working.

Do you have more than one account on the Government Gateway? The most important word in that original error message is “corresponding” - if you have one login you use for your VAT and a different one you use for self assessment, for example, then you must ensure the right one is connected and the other one is not connected. Try opening a “private browsing” or “incognito” browser window, log in to QuickFile in there and then do the disconnect and reconnect again. This will force you to log in from scratch to the Government Gateway and ensure you don’t have an active cookie automatically logging you in as the wrong ID.

I had the issue Ian mentioned. Hmrc in their wisdom gave me 2 logins. One for self assessment and one for vat and I linked the wrong one.

Try being an accountant. I have 6 government gateway ids depending on the agent service I need to use or whether its my own login as an individual or organisation lol

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.