Multi-branch Invoices - Single Head Office Payment

Hello all,

I have a customer with multiple branches who are all responsible for their own budgets. When we produce any work for them, we have to invoice them as individual ‘companies’. As it stands I have each branch set up on QF as a separate entity and all is good, until head office get involved. Each branch forwards their invoice to head office, who dutifully pay for all the individual invoices in one lump sum.

I am struggling to find a way to tag & split the single payment across multiple ‘clients’. I have tried a partial payment on one branch, but it puts the remainder of the balance down as a credit?

Can anyone come up with a way round this as i’m left scratching my head?

Thanks in advance

Hi @ReflexCreative

Unfortunately one payment can only be allocated to one client. The easiest way to work around this is to create a dummy bank account, something like ‘Split Payments’.

You would tag the lump payment as a transfer from the dummy account, and mark the relevant invoices paid from the dummy bank account.

For example, I have 3 invoices - £10, £20 and £30, received as a lump sum of £50.

I tag all invoices as paid from the dummy account, so my dummy account is now +£50.
I then create a money out transaction in this account for £50, and tag that as a transfer to my current account.
The dummy account now balances at £0, and my current account is back in line with my bank account.

The other option would be to delete the lump payment and create separate payments for each client. The balance would remain the same, but in my case I would end up with 3 transactions instead of one.

Both methods do the same, it’s just the first one is a bit neater so to speak.

There’s more information on this here:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.