Multiple bank account support with Chrome bank feed

Hi, we have multiple bank accounts with one bank (one in GBP, one in another currency etc.).
When trying to link up the QF chrome import button, it asks to enter the bank account number to link up. But only one:

It would be nice to be able to import each bank account into a QF bank account.
Is this feature available?

Hi @guillaume.khw

I’m afraid this isn’t something that’s supported at the moment.

I’ve amended the topic title and changed this to a feature request. As with all requests, we’ll keep an eye on it and see what interest there is from the community :slight_smile:

Thank you for the quick response, please keep me informed of any update.

Any updates posted in this thread should come through to you by email. If you click on your avatar in the top right corner, click the cog

You can update your email preferences there.

Also, make sure that this topic is set to ‘Tracking’ or ‘Watching’ (it should already):

Multi accounts would be a very helpful feature, for example, several clients have 2 or more Santander bank accounts but the chrome extension can only remember one account.
If there was a way of it having several accounts remembered which can be selected with a tick, or even a way to add personalised copies of a bank on chrome’s bank drop down bank list so we could add say a copy of Santander named Santander savings then edit it’s account number to suit.

Ideally you need to contact Santander in some fashion and add your vote/support to getting the open API implementation moved up their priority list. This way Quickfile can then just pull multiple feeds in quite happily as it does with Barclays.

Same for any bank and any banking feed related feature really.

Quickfile which only allow to match 1 bank account for 1 user, rather than multiple bank accounts for 1 user. Open API may help standardise the implementation of QF (which is great), but the problem will still remain a limitation of the current implementation of the QF browser plugin, not the banks accessibilty of the data.

But the plugin is a workaround of the problem of no access to any data at all so it is a favour to the users that it is here. Without it the official procedure is exporting files, saving them and then importing them into QuickFile.

If it was me I would have pulled it ages ago as people seem to forget this.

The chrome bank feed does cause a bit of a headache as it relies heavily on the layout of the bank pages staying as they are. As @Lurch points out, the plugin is just a workaround to the problem and in an ideal world an API would be provided by the banks themselves. If you could contact your bank and let them know you want this feature (some have feature request options, like Barclay’s for example), then hopefully they make take notice.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.