Outstanding invoices screens

On the outstanding invoices screen can a column be added to show outstanding invoice value please as well as total value. Or just convert the total value column to always show the outstanding amount. I know that you can click the total value to show the outstanding amount but this isn’t obvious and we have had a couple of instances where the total amount has been setup as a payment instead of the outstanding amount. Luckily these have been caught before authorisation but it does show a weakness in the design.

Hi @amyearsley

As you mentioned, you can click the partial balances to reveal the actual balance. These are underlined to show this. I’ll have to check in more detail, but with a power user subscription, you may be able to add further customisation to it to make it stand out too (e.g. change the colour, make it bold etc.)

There is an option to show all partial balances, which can be found under More Options >> Show partial balances. These will then also be shown in red.

Hope that helps!

[Edit]
Automatically showing the partial balances unfortunately isn’t an option. My colleague explains more about this, in this post

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t really buy the performance issue, I think that is just lazy development.

Anyway, we do have a power user account so can you let me know how we can change those totals so they are highlighted more?

Maybe you can shed some light on this? What do you know about the architecture of our database or the performance implications of doing multiple joins in large SQL tables? Did you actually follow the link in the post above?

I don’t mean to be rude but if it were simple we would have done this a long time ago. We’ve worked around this limitation to allow users to display all balances on a page of partial invoices with one click, maybe you can elaborate in a bit more detail if you feel this does not go far enough?

The CSS class assigned to part balances is .partBalance, so adding a style to this class could help.

For example, the following would give it a red background:

.partTotal {
     background-color: #ff0000; /* #ff0000 = red */
     color: #ffffff; /* #ffffff = white */
}

This gives you an effect like this:

Hope that helps.