Partial payment on Invoice

Hi, I have received a payment from Canada against Invoice 1452 with a shortfall that should go against currency charges (7902) and not show as a partial payment. I did log payment with the option “paid in full” and then enter actual amount received on bank statement and this works for my foreign currency Invoices, but does not appear to work if Invoice is in pounds. Your help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Sonnet

Hi @sonnet

I just want to clarify the situation here.

You’ve invoiced someone in GBP, but they’ve paid in CAD (Canadian Dollars) - is that correct?

That is correct. So I would like the difference to show in 7902 - Currency charges.

What you should do is create a dummy bank account, called something such as ‘FX Account’. My colleague @Glenn mentions more about this here (although in a different currency):
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/paying-an-invoice-in-gbp-from-a-pln-denominated-bank-account/9342/2?u=qfsupport

As for the currency charge, you could do one of two things:

1. Add a new line to the invoice to reflect the difference, or
  2. Create a new money out transaction in your bank account and tag it directly to 7902 using the “something else not on the list” option.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you and much appreciated.

1 Like