Paying Invoice from Account Balance - Double Bank Account Entry

I have received a lump payment, which is to pay a current invoice and pre-pay future invoices. I tagged the bank account entry to the current invoice and sent the balance onto the account. It is sat there as a pre-payment. All good to this point!

However when I come to use this pre-payment for the future invoice, I can pay via ‘log a payment’ the invoice, but which ever payment method I select, I creates an entry on my bank statement, which is wrong and duplicates the payments.

Please help!

Many Thanks!

If there’s a prepayment in a client’s account then you should get an “apply from credit” option when you “log payment” against new invoices for the same client. If you’re not seeing this, is there anything unusual about this case like the payment was in one currency but the invoices are in another?

I can see the log payment option. (Invoices are all same currency, so nothing unusual).
When I use that option, I have to choose a payment method. If I choose bank transfer (which is the way the customer originally paid), an automatic line appears in my current account. Therefore double counting the value (original payment entry and this one)

If there’s a prepayment on this client’s account in the same currency as the invoice then there will be an “apply from credit” checkbox at the top of the “log payment” panel above all the amount/bank account/etc. bits. If the available credit is at least as much as the outstanding invoice value then ticking that box should be all you have to do, the account selection drop down box should disappear.

If you look at the client’s summary page does it show a prepayment balance in the correct currency?

Continuing from the other thread - didn’t have change to respond within the timeline.

Last answer from Ian Roberts was:

If there’s a prepayment on this client’s account in the same currency as the invoice then there will be an “apply from credit” checkbox at the top of the “log payment” panel above all the amount/bank account/etc. bits. If the available credit is at least as much as the outstanding invoice value then ticking that box should be all you have to do, the account selection drop down box should disappear.

If you look at the client’s summary page does it show a prepayment balance in the correct currency?

I am not ticking the apply from credit box, because I do not want to use the full balance of the credit on the account and I do not want to pay the full outstanding balance on the invoice.

Thanks

Hi @Shlee1978,

I have merged this with the original topic to help with the continuity :slight_smile:

I think there’s still no way to do part payments from credit, there ought to be a feature request thread for this somewhere.

Do we have any further update on this thread?

Hi @Shlee1978,

As @ian_roberts has said, there is no way to do this at the moment but there is a #feature post which is where any updates will be added :Part payment of invoices from credit on account you can add your interest by voting at the top of the thread.

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.