Payment receipt notifications (Implemented)

I’d like to be able to send my clients receipts of their payments. The rest of the tool is fantastic, but it’s an ommision from QuickFile that is quite annoying as I’ve moved from Wave which did let me do it.

Secondly, I’d like to be able to send invoices in multiple styles with different logos and layouts depending on what I’m doing.

I’d be grateful if these features could be incorporated. :slight_smile:

Both of these features are planned, allow me to elaborate.

What we intend to do here is add a checkbox to the “Log a payment” dialogue, this will allow an email to be sent to the client which is based on a predefined template. This is a pretty simple implementation for us and should be ready in the next 6 weeks.

We are just in the process of beta testing a new invoice style gallery and editor. Once these new features have bedded down we will allow custom styles to be assigned to specific invoices. It’s hard to put a time-frame on this but it’s likely to be within the next few months.

HI Glenn. Any news on these two?

The latter was implemented in September:

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/sneak-preview-new-invoice-styles-gallery/49

The payment notifications however is still in the pipeline…We’ve had to put that on hold for the time being due to other areas we’ve needed to prioritise. It should be something we can revisit in Q1 of 2014.

This feature has now been implemented. When logging a payment to an invoice you can select the Send an email notification to the client checkbox. You can customise your message or modify the default template using the appropriate link.

Hope that helps!

1 Like