Paypal and USD

Is there any update on this to make it more streamlined when using the PayPal integrations, are the rates calculated using 3rd party integrations, or was that just a beta integration, xe.com

Hi @Paul_Cheetham

Apart from the current setup which uses xe.com rates, there are no changes or any plans in the short term I’m afraid.

That said, if PayPal were to start including their exchange rate in the feed, I’m sure we would review it.

When i manually import transactions into quickfile, what type of report should I be exporting from paypal?

As each bank account in QuickFile only supports one currency, you would need a report that shows all the GBP values.

Often when someone pays in another currency such as USD, you’ll end up with 4 records, similar to those below:

You should be able to export a record of just the GBP entries, which would give you the currency conversion (which would be tagged as the money in/out), and the transfer to/from your bank account (which can be tagged as the transfer).

Providing the CSV report you export from PayPal contains a date, description and a monetary value (either in 2 separate columns for in and out, or as one column), you should be able to import it using the standard statement upload tool. When you use this, if you select ‘PayPal’ from the bank list and find it isn’t working, using ‘Other’ and manually mapping the columns should work fine.

But every transactions has to be in the same currency.

Let us know if you need any further help with this :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.