PayPal - Duplicate transfer entries

I have caused an issue in my quickfile.

I use paypal here to take card payments and have a paypal merchant account set up in the bank management.

All of this feeds in from my account. However, it would seem that I have duplicated payments into my bank current account.

I usually wait until the funds have gone over the £50 withdrawal in my paypal account before transferring to my bank account which then shows on my bank current account statement as PAYPAL.

However, I now also have all the individual transactions as a transfer from the paypal merchant bank account in quickfile into the current account so in effect duplicating the transfer of funds from paypal to my bank account.

I am unsure to what I should do to resolve it.

Hi @Parade_Stores

If you have 2 lots of the transfer, so that the original is duplicated, you should be able to safely delete the untagged entry. Providing your balances are correct, you should be good to go :slight_smile:

I think what may have happened here is the PayPal feed is picking up on deposits on your account which is causing the duplicates. If you go to your PayPal bank account within QuickFile, you should be able to select More Options >> Feed Settings:

On this screen, you will see an option for transfers:

If you tick this box, any transfers that we receive from PayPal, we will simply ignore, so you can input them yourself manually.

I hope that helps?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.