PayPal statement import

I **have PayPal historical statment with difrent catogory but there are several thousand items. What is important and how to prepare statment fo importing to quickfile?

eBay Auction Payment

Express Checkout Payment

Funds Payable

General Withdrawal

Mobile Payment

PayPal Here Payment

Reserve Hold

Reserve Release

Shopping Cart Item

Website Payment

Hi @JohnJohn

When you import a statement, there are 4 columns of interest (which may even be 3 in some cases. I believe PayPal is one of these cases).

You need the following columns in your .csv file:

Date
Description
Money In
Money Out

In the case of a 3 column file, the money in and out would be the same column, with money out prefixed with a minus sign.

Please let us know if you need any further help with this.

Ok. Do I should be accounting all items that are in the historical data Paypal.

There are a lot of double or triple entries. If all categories below should be accounting like Reserve hold, reserve release?

eBay Auction Payment

Express Checkout Payment

Funds Payable

General Withdrawal

Mobile Payment

PayPal Here Payment

Reserve Hold

Reserve Release

Shopping Cart Item

The only transactions that are of importance are those that come from a payee (someone paying you, like a customer on eBay), and payments out (e.g. to a supplier).

With the holds (‘Reserve Hold’, ‘Reserve Hold’), these can either be deleted or tagged to a holding account.

There are a few posts on the forums regarding the holds. I’ve found this one for example from my colleague:

Is the accounting should suggest a balance?

Please accept my apologies, but I’m not sure I understand your query?

There are some transaction with the same balance. Remove it?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.