Personal Bank Accounts & Downloading

I am new to Quickfile, and as a sole trader I only use a personal bank account for my business banking. When looking at my online bank account, my bank (hsbc) and my husbands (co-op) only lets you download the statements in PDF format and not in any formats shown in quickfile. Please advice how you get round this? or does quickfile not work with personal accounts. Thank you.

Hi @Janie

Do either of the banks offer an option for Excel exports? These can easily be converted to CSV files.

The other option would be a bank feed (which requires a subscription). This can work with HSBC personal accounts, and it should work with Co-op personal accounts too (although I haven’t tested this).

I have just been doing online chat with HSBC, and they said that they do not even offer the option to do a bank feed?? Bit concerned of doing the subscription if this doesnt work at all as I guess I would then end up entering all the bank transactions manually.

That’s not correct. HSBC does offer Open Banking for both personal and business current accounts.

ok so I would just need to subscribe to the Yodlee subscription then? Is this the case too for Co-operative bank personal accounts?

That’s right. Just make sure the bank shows the HSBC logo on QuickFile (if not, you can set this in More Options >> Settings on the bank statement view). This will allow the Open Banking feed.

Co-op isn’t supported through Open Banking at the moment, but it should be possible to connect through Yodlee, which is another type of feed. Can you send me the web address you use to log into your online banking please and I’ll check this for you?

https://bank.co-operativebank.co.uk/CB/p#_frmLoginStatements

Thanks. The top result here seems like it could be the one:

Although the URL is different there, on the following screen, the web address is the same as what you provided.

yes the first one is for personal banking - so that is supported through Yodlee?
With HSBC Open banking, how do you grant access for Quickfile ?

Yes, it seems so! :slight_smile:

You would just follow the steps in QuickFile, which then redirects you to HSBC to login. Open Banking is a direct link with the bank, so the granting access is handled by the bank directly.

OK thank you for your help. I am struggling to find that link, when I go to Banking, and choose HSBC, the only option that appears is to subscribe to the Yodlee system.

Oops! My error. I’ve just made a small change on your account - would you mind logging out and back in please, and then trying?

thanks I see it has now changed - so I assume both styles of bank feeds are £15 plus vat? also are they both as secure as eachother?

Both styles are included in the subscription - just the one subscription will cover as many feeds as you need.

Open Banking is a direct link with the bank through a secure connection.

Yodlee does work differently to Open Banking, but is secure. There’s more on the security of Yodlee, here: Yodlee Security

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.