Possible member. What advantages does Quickfile have over Waveapps or xero / sage for me?

hi

im going to go with a cloud based accouting software

i already have an accountant company who does my personal and company accounts. they use their own inhouse system and can also use any cloud based system i choose.

they have recommended against quickbooks due to cost and added extras and ease of use.

i was looking at probably waveapps or quickfile.

i currently keep all receipt logs in an excell spreadsheet.

i rent properties in my personal name and produce personal self assesment for this.

i also have a ltd company which does building and maintenance work.

i would have to keep 2x seperate sets of accounts, but it would be nice to have it all available under one account.

i want to integrate automatic bank feeds and hopefully auto tag them.

i want an easy way to upload paper receipts, and digital receipts.

i want somebody else to be able to log in and check off bank feeds and receipts (i dont mind if they have to use my login).

id like to integrate zapier to automate some things.

i use stripe so id like to somehow automate that into it.

i use gocardless so id like to somehow automate that into it.

i would also like to be able to swap, or export and import some receipts from one set of accounts into the other if by accident they get put in the wrong section. due to both sets of accounts having receipts for all types of building materials, sometimes they get put in the wrong set of accounts.

i would like somebody else, either accountant, book keeper, or virtual assistant to be able to manage as much of this as possible so that i have the least amount of time needed myself to spend on checking and inputting things.

i want to be able to easily invoice from both sets of accounts to my customers and integrate it with stripe and possibly gocardless.

what advantages if any does quickfile have over the other few systems?

Hi @adnw

Naturally, you will need to chose the best package for your business, but the first thing I recommend is signing up for QuickFile to give it a go firsthand. All accounts are free for the first 60 days, regardless of size. Even after these 60 days, you will only pay for your account if your account is graded as L or XL.

We aim to keep the cost of our platform as low as possible while remaining stable, user friendly and easy to use.

If you have 2 businesses (limited company and sole trader), this would have to be 2 separate accounts, in which case our Affinity platform may work out more cost effective. This would allow you to have 1 email address and password to access both accounts. If they’re the same legal entity however, the subscription does include access to trading styles, allowing you to set up a second trading name on the same account.

Bank feeds are certainly possible with the optional subscription. We support many banks through Yodlee, while also having direct links with some of the challenger banks (Starling, Tide and Revolut) and Open Banking feeds with some of the bigger banks (like Barclays, Santander, HSBC etc.). All types of feeds are covered by the 1 subscription which is charged per QuickFile account not per bank account.

There are no restrictions on the number of team members you can have, so you’re welcome to set up additional individuals with their own email address and password if you wish. We also log key events like invoice creation and amendments, so you can clearly see who did what and when.

We support an integration with both GoCardless and Stripe, including an automated feed with Stripe (and PayPal if you use it). You can trigger direct debit collections directly from within your QuickFile account too.

At present, you can upload your receipts and invoices in a few ways, such as:

We support imports of .csv files for clients, suppliers, invoices and bank transactions, as well as a complete export of your account.

For me, I would say our advantages are we’re cost effective and in most cases cheaper than competitors, and we’re always listening and regularly include new features based on feedback posted on these forums. We’re also MTD ready with VAT returns now being submitted through MTD where possible, and we’re committed to Open Banking (direct feeds with the banks).

If you’re interested, we also have a full feature list here.

I hope I’ve covered everything, but please let me know if you have any further questions :slight_smile:

Naturally, I think the best feedback would be from our users (who may comment below too), but you can also read our latest reviews on Trustpilot

thanks for the info

yes both businesses are seperate legal entities.

1. how easy or time consuming would it be to do this as an example:

my assistant inputs a pile of receipts into company A. Later on that month/year i relaise and they need to be changed to company B.
How would you go about removing them from company A accounts and putting them in company B accounts?
is there a way of sort of exporting the lot, then just importing them back in and its all done and simple?

1. how would you set this scenario up to work the easiest?

i get invoices emailed to me from suppliers and via old paper method.

i can setup filters in my email to automatically forward these into my quickfile email address (or similar) or manually forward them in.

i can take pictures of paper receipts on my phone.

i would pay for the subscription for auto bank feeds.

once receipts are in quickfile, and bank feeds are setup, whats the procedure for getting them inputted into a purchase ledger and tagging them to specific jobs/customers/suppliers? whats the least time consuming and easiest way to get that all done?

im happy to use zapier, mobile phone, computer, tablet, any other software to get it done quicker

thanks

You can export and import invoices, although the detail in these would be minimal. There isn’t a “move from one account to another” option as each account is independent from another.

The receipt hub allows you to create invoices on the go. This would take you through the files in your receipt hub (the ones imported from emailing in or from Dropbox for example), and allow you to enter the supplier name, reference, value and even mark as paid if you wish.

The filter on the email may not be the best idea as the email would need to come from you. It may certainly work, but just double check as some email providers use the original senders address.

hi
i can setup a filter in gmail for specific emails that i receive to be forwarded by me (my email) to whereever i like. i could setup emails with invoices received from Screwfix to be auto forwarded into my quickfile email address.

so its not all double entry and a waste of time, how do you actually get stuff into your purchase ledger?
if i have auto bank feeds setup, and i can take photos or email in invoices, how do you do get them inputted?

do i email/upload invoices into a receipt hub. get bank feeds, and then check these off against each other?

do i just have the bank feed and then check these off against receipts received?

do i have to somehow input the receipts in the receipt hub, then have the bank feed come in, then match these up? is this double entry or a waste of time?

basically, whats the least labour intensive way to get it all done using bank feeds and emailing / uploading in receipts?

thanks

I generally use the receipt hub to enter purchases and the bank feed to enter payments - unless it’s something I’ve paid for in cash I rarely use the “paid” option on the receipt hub. I find it simpler to create my purchases unpaid and then assign the payment to the purchase when tagging my bank entries.

In cases where I make payment before I’ve been invoiced, I still do the same thing but I tag the bank payment as an “unallocated” payment to the supplier. Then when I receive the invoice I apply the credit to mark it as paid.

You can create purchase records as part of the bank tagging process and then just use the receipt hub to attach the scans, but I find that 9 times out of 10 the purchase date (on the supplier invoice) is different from the date of payment (when the card transaction or bank transfer leaves my bank account), so I find myself having to edit the dates on the bank-generated purchases to match the paperwork. Personally I find it easier to do just payments from the bank and purchases from the hub.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.