Power Subscription - is it obligatory?

I got an information about Power Subscription and wanted or not, I accepted 7 days free subscription of this service.

If I didn’t pay for this service after that 7 days, would I still have an access to my invoices, receipts etc.?

Hi @nikosis

As of the 1st December, all L and XL accounts are now required to have a Power User Subscription.

As you’ve had the notification, I’m assuming your account would fall into one of these categories. It works on a 12 month rolling basis, so if you only create 800 ledger entries in a 12 month period, your account will revert to a M account.

In short - as a L or XL account, without the subscription you won’t be able to access your account, but the 7 day deferral option is there to retrieve any of your data should you not wish to pay for the Power User Subscription.

I hope that helps

Ok, so I have a question if it is reversible so if I delete some entries, the number of ledger items will go down or it just check historical entries and this is irreversible?

If you delete entries, then the count will go down. But once things are deleted they would need to be re-entered.

Bear in mind that it’s the creation date not the event date that is counted in the ledger count. So, an event taking place (e.g. invoice paid) on 1st January 2014, but inputted into the system 1st December 2015, would be counted as 1st December 2015, and would be included in the count as of today.

If you wish, you can see where the count is being calculated from using a report:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/important-changes-affecting-large-and-extra-large-accounts/8260/134?u=qfsupport

As a Sole Trader I generate around 40 invoices per year.
I have two bank accounts linked to QF, one of which is business only, and a personal one which occasionally has small business expenses. I have routinely imported both of these accounts to QF, and I guess this has bitten me by pushing my transaction count to around 1,100 txns per year.

If I were to delete the non-business transactions I would certainly be well below the Large Account threshold.

Simply put, is this an option? I joined almost 2 years ago on the strength that the core product would always be free for small users, and providing I remove the personal transactions, my business use at less than an invoice per week could surely not be described as “large”.

I have already logged in to print an invoice last week, and so have used the “grace” period.

Hi @drc

Adding your personal transactions would certainly bump up the ledger count, so deleting these could potentially drop you below the 1,000 mark.

Whether or not your account is described as ‘large’ is down to the activity on the account rather than just invoices. Each bank transaction, invoice line etc. would count towards this limit.

@drc I have sent you a PM regarding getting access to your account.

Thank you @QFMathew, @Glenn for your prompt replies.

Upon logging into my account again I notice that I have created only 31 invoices in the preceding 12 months, yet have an astonishing 2,945 ledger items - far greater than I originally thought.

I will have to look into this further, but it seems likely I am exactly the person you need to rethink how they use Quick File. At a guess perhaps 4 in one transactions are business related, which is obviously a complete waste of resources and of benefit to no-one, myself included.

I appreciate being given the opportunity to attempt to reduce my database “footprint”.

1 Like

I appear to have a similar problem to others that despite being a v small company, with about 8 transactions a month, you have now categorised me as a Large enterprise. I have no idea how this could have happened and am appalled that the only way I seem to be able to take issue with you about this is post on a public forum.

Hi @tash

Can you send me your account number in a private message please, and I’ll take a look for you?

You can send me a private message by clicking my name and then ‘Message’

I have a similar problem - I am preparing the accounts for next week’s annual meeting of the organisation of which I’m Treasurer. I tried to sign in today, only to discover that I can’t access the accounts until I pay £54 for a power subscription. As far as I was aware I had signed up to a ‘free and unlimited’ basic accounts package, but it would appear that I have tipped over into a Large business now.
What can I do at this point? Is there anyway I can get back into my accounts to delete some transactions and bring it back under the cut-off level of transactions?

Hi @HuntlyFM

I can see that you submitted a support ticket via our website too. I believe this has now been answered. If you require any further help, please feel free to respond to the support ticket by email.