Problem Mapping Cell Data for importing Paypal Transactions

Hi. So, I’ve decided (just for practice sake to upload my PayPal transactions from April 6 2016. However, when I try to do this I’m told that there’s something wrong with the way in which I’m mapping the cell data. To my knowledge I’m picking the right columns for each field but QF doesn’t like it.

Would it not be easier to just add a new bank account.
Select the bank name as PayPal Merchant Account, and let the integration handle this automatically?

Hi @Kerry7303

What PayPal account type do you have? I’m not sure, but I believe that personal and business PayPal accounts do differ.

Nevertheless, providing you have a date, amount and description, you should be able to upload them. I’ll send you a private message to get some more details from you - please look for the green notification in the top right hand corner.

As @gcotton suggests, you can also use the automated PayPal feed for new transactions (this will only work from the date of setup)

Hi. Thanks for both responses. I actually already have my PayPal account set up but deleted all the data to start afresh properly. I wanted to go back to 06/04/2016 and was under the impression that I had to upload data before the date of setup via a csv file. I’ll wait for your message.

Be careful loading things up for practice, I now have XL account, as I loaded up all of my old PayPal account and it loaded all of the transactions separately.

The auto feed is brilliant, but I wish it would just upload it as a total amount, after all the details of all of the sales will still be on PP - and 30 sales a day, soon eats up the plans on here, as it will also raise invoices for the sales.

Just to add to @MrsMaggot post - as per our pricing page, once your account hits 1,000 nominal ledgers in a rolling 12 month period, then your account will be graded as L (or XL if you have 4,000 or more ledger entries).

All new accounts are free for the first 60 days, regardless of size. After this time, if the account is L or XL, there is a £45 + VAT annual fee for QuickFile, but it doesn’t go beyond that in relation to the ledger entries.

We recommend you check your account size so you know where your account currently sits. But as always, we’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to ask us or the community any questions

Like I said, it was a mistake to upload all of my paypal stuff the long way round, rather than make it into monthly accounts, you never realise how quickly you get to the larger numbers of entries Even though I have since condensed them down, as the “entries” still remain, so to do the charges.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.