Problem with Opening Balances

I have just registered for the first time. I am trying to enter the opening balances manually but when I click the tab nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Hi @EglintonCC,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Where is it that you’re entering the opening balances? and which tab are you clicking?

Page headed ‘Importing data from another system’
Method 2 Manually enter your opening balances
There is a tab just below that. That is the tab I am trying to use.

Hi @EglintonCC,

Are you referring to this guide? Importing data from another system

Can you take a screenshot of this tab as i’m not sure what it is that you mean

Yes this is the page. I cannot send a screenshot because the program is telling me that it is not authorised,. (you will gather from this that my computer skills and knowledge are non existant) It seems that I may not have downloaded the program yet. How do I do this?

If your computer skills are non existant, perhaps you should be seeking an accountant, because in the long run, you could find what ever you try and do, is far off from being correct.

Hi @EglintonCC,

There is no program to download, QuickFile is all web (browser) based.

From the sounds of it you haven’t even set up a QuickFile account? (The community forum is completely separate).

You will need to go to https://www.quickfile.co.uk/ and sign up through there

Sorry Beth, this is where I have been before. This is clearly not working so I will forget all about QuickFile. A pit since it seems to be exactly what I want. Thanks for your help.

Hi @EglintonCC

I’m sorry to hear that.

I do believe you have a QuickFile account, but things like the balances would be updated within your account itself. Your account would have a unique web address which you would have chosen when you signed up. I’ve sent you an email to confirm the web address you should be using.

Hopefully the guides help, especially with the screenshots, but if you do need any pointers, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.