Project tagging bug

I have a project with 54 invoices attached, that amount to X, but on the Tag Report Details page the “money in” column shows an amount that is less than X by a material margin. I know all the invoices are tagged correctly, because when I click through to → all sale invoices, the “Total Amount” shows in the upper-right hand corner is correct, and if I add up all the invoices manually they also come to the same amount.

It’s not the end of the world, but it makes the " [Reports]- Project Management" page and the “Projects - Tag Report Details” pages pretty useless.

Hi,
Have you checked the date range matches your invoices date range?

Also, if you have, for example, expenses tagged to that project they will be deducted from the sales invoices and reduces the profit.

You can check all items included in that project by clicking ‘Show tagged items’ inside the project screen. Here is more info:

Hope this helps

The “Projects - Tag Report Details” page does not have any options to give a date range, but even if it did, the invoices are all dated from 24 January 2023 onwards and some of the “missing” amounts fall on that date, dates are the first thing I looked at.

There is no money out on this project as of yet, but even if there were that would appear on the “money out” column and I’d still expect the “money in” column to match the invoiced amount.

Hello @msconsulting

but on the Tag Report Details page the “money in” column shows an amount that is less than X by a material margin.

Can I just check the screens you are looking at?

Are you is this the figure you are looking at

Which figure are you comparing it to ?

Show Tagged items > All Sales Invoices > Total in the top right?

If so this is a gross value and the project is a net value, if you click Modify columns (in the top right), you can show columns for net and vat, you can then export data to get totals for the columns.

1 Like

Yes, it turns out that VAT was indeed the issue. Unfortunately neither page makes it particularly clear whether the figures are gross or net.

Hi @msconsulting

All figures are reported as net of VAT, as VAT is a liability and owed to HMRC.

@QFMathew that’s not the case, the Total Amount on the all sale invoices page is given gross. I think something should be added to make this clearer, but that’s probably more of an enhancement request and now that I know what the issue is, I’m not too fussed.

With invoices it is slightly different, as the gross amount is what is owed to you, and what your client will pay to you. Likewise with purchase invoices. It’s just for profit and loss/balance sheet purposes, the VAT shouldn’t be taken into account for your sales or expenses, as they’re a liability.

That said, you can add a net column to your sales and purchase list if you wish, by using the “Modify Columns” option in the top right corner:

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.