Project tagging - split invoice to different projects

Hi,

We have several projects running.
I get invoices for professional services: One person works on several of our projects.
Can I assign parts of one invoice to certain projects?
I have tried by itemising the invoice with different charges per project, then adding the project tags at the bottom (which in this case were 6 different projects). However, I couldn’t specify which charge to go to which project. So now, when I go to the project summary, each project shows the FULL invoice amount in it…
Hope you can help!
Erika

Hi @Erika,

You can’t assign a specific amount on an invoice to a project, you can only assign the whole invoice. You would then need to make adjustments within the project itself for the reports to show the exact amount wanted.

More information can be found here: Projects in QuickFile

Ok thank you. How do I make that adjustment in the project? I dont see where I can amend items within a project.

Hi @Erika,

When viewing the projects (Reports >> Projects)

Hmm… So please confirm this is what you’re suggesting: Having the full invoice assigned to the project of £2450.00, then adjustment of £2237.50 to show the correct amount of £212.50?
If that’s correct, I’m not too keen on that, it looks very messy in the report and strange having to do these calculations separately…
Is there another way around this issue?
Thanks for your help and quick replies!

Hi @Erika,

The way the project tag works is that it is tagged to the whole invoice, the only other way would be to create separate invoices for the separate projects. Unfortunately the only way to do what you want in QuickFile is how i’ve explained above

Ok.
I was just looking at creating seperate invoices as you say, batch invoicing might be a quick way to do that. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.